The Entsorga technology takes the MBT process one step further utilising key benefits offered by a range of existing technologies with the addition of a number of unique innovations that improve treatment, recycling and recovery of materials providing significant advantages to Local Authorities and Waste Contractors in terms of environmental impact, efficiency and affordability.
These results are achieved through the integrated management of airflows and waste pre-heating.
The Entsorga’s system has the following advantages:
- Reduced labour costs
- Reduced energy use and costs
- Quick return on investment
- Assurance of the correct process performanc
- Reduced environmental impact in comparison to other biological treatment systems
- Improved working conditions
- Plant employment flexibility
In relation to plant employment flexibility, it should be emphasized that Entsorga MBT can be used for biostabilisation of residual municipal solid waste (rMSW)n and/or reducing the moisture content of rMSW to produce solid recovered fuel (SRF).
The treatment system can be divided into three key steps:
- Waste reception and pre-treatment by screening the waste and seprating it into two flows;
- Accelerated optimized biostabilisation/biodehydratation;
- Mechanical refining;
The entire process is carried out inside a building which is maintained under negative air pressure to avoid the release of odours to the environment. Process air from the building is treated prior to release to the atmosphere.